There are hundreds of students who despite their potential are unable to cope up with the mounting academic pressures. They are often as smart as their peers, but because they process information differently, they need additional support to compensate their difficulty and to perform and use their potential to the best of their abilities. Teachers form an integral part of all academic programmes and are looked upon by the students for guidance. They are an important link between the students and the parents. However, It is often observed, that at times, teachers fail to identify the real reason of their poor performance in a classroom situation.
WISE was designed and initiated to provide a support system to children with learning difficulties under one roof. It aims at providing an encouraging and stimulating environment to students who are in need of help to cope up and withstand academic pressures. WISE is committed to promote higher learning and vocational competence amongst special children. It also aims at nurturing realistic academic goals in children and to make them socially and emotionally independent. Today, WISE provides support to children in the regular stream with services like Assessments and Therapies like Remediation, Counseling and Behavior therapy, etc.
WISE is an initiative ofWitty Group of Institutions founded and promoted byDr. Vinay Jain andDr. Raina Jain. WISE is the result ofintensive research and dialogue with Parents, Students, Therapists, Experts and Institutional heads from various parts of the country. Under the able leadership of Mrs. Sheetal Kapoor, Director – WISE, the aim behind this project is to provide a holistic approach that enables growth, optimism and an all round development with a better understanding of the cultural, moral and social contexts of one’s lives.
- To provide complete consultancy services, remedial services, assessment services with support therapies like Occupational therapy, Speech therapy, Behavior therapy and Physiotherapy alongwith Vocational guidance and counseling with formal Battery of aptitude tests.
- To grow into a full fledged educational and research institute for learning disability. (Center shall include - school, research centre, teacher training institute and vocational guidance and counseling centre.)
- To be an accredited National Institute of Open schooling Centre by 2013. (NIOS)
- To provide a holistic approach to ensure overall development of all students. (Academic, social, and emotional)
- To spread awareness about student difficulties in the community with Education and Therapy being the main focus of approach.
- Ensure integration of students with Learning and Behavioural difficulties in the school and society at large.
- To incorporate parents and their needs, which will enable them to work with and deal with the students after school hours, and ensure the independence of students in all spheres of life.
- Assessments: Educational / Psychological Testing (Informal)
- Therapy: Physio / Speech / Occupational/ Educational / Behavioural.
- Counseling: Individual / Family and Group.
- Medical: Panel of Doctors. (On Request).i.e. (Pediatric & Neurologist)
- PD & Y: Personality Development , Yoga
- Clinical: Formal Assessments
Unique Services Provided (USP)
- Experiential learning
- Vocational Guidance and Aptitude Tests
- Group screening and assessments
- Awareness workshops.
- Curriculum-based remediation and language therapy for regular school students.
- Workshops for parents and school teachers